Welcome to Knox-Metropolitan United Church
An Affirming Ministry of the United Church of Canada, located on Treaty 4 Territory
A special note about in-person worship
and our updated PRAY-SAFE protocols.
Vaccines are an important measure in keeping ourselves and others safe. Knox-Metropolitan United Church strongly encourages those entering the building, for whatever reason, to be fully vaccinated in order to protect those in our community who are unable to be vaccinated due to age or medical reasons.
- • Upon arrival at Knox-Met, please use the Lorne Street Entrance unless you require use of the elevator.
- • One-way traffic signs will be posted in the building, and we ask that you observe these directions.
- • Please offer 2m of space between yourselves and others upon entering the building and while seated.
- • Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the church and its use is encouraged.
- • The main floor of the sanctuary will be open for seating, with every 2nd row blocked off. You are invited to select your own seat.
- • The choir will sing masked and distanced within the choir loft.
- • The Worship Leader/Preacher will speak unmasked, but will wear a mask when not speaking.
- • Scripture Readers and any other participants will be masked while reading.
- • Offering plates will not be passed at this time.
- • After the postlude, ushers will dismiss worshippers from the back to front. Please remain seated until your row is instructed to leave the Sanctuary.
- • We ask that you completely leave the building before stopping to socialize.
- • There is no after-service coffee time planned for now.
Whether you join us in person or online, we are so glad to share in these times together, and to remember, that we are not alone, that we live in God’s world, and that together, we are called to be the church. Grace and Peace be with you. Today and always.
— Cam Fraser, Minister, Knox-Metropolitan United Church
Join us online every Sunday:
10:30 AM • Knox-Met Traditional Service
11:30 AM • Coffee + Conversation via Zoom
Note that Knox-Met Kids @Home is on a brief hiatus
— stay tuned for exciting news about upcoming children’s and youth programming coming soon!
Services are streamed from the Knox-Met Sanctuary via Facebook Live.
All are welcome!
Visit us on Facebook and Instagram for regular updates. Let’s stay connected!
We acknowledge that long before this church was built, long before this city was here, the land upon which we gather was already home, was already sacred space. We gather upon traditional Nêhiyawak (Cree), Anihsināpēk, (Anishinaabe), Dakota, Lakota, and Nakoda land, and the homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation.